Can't find what you're looking for?
Then Browse through all our statistics.
Scottish Neighbourhood Statistics
Housing Statistics for Scotland - Housing for Older People, those with Disabilities and those with Supported Tenancies
Housing for Older People, those with Disabilities and those with Supported Tenancies
Housing for older people, those with disabilities and those with supported tenancies is provided by both public authorities and housing associations. In addition, programmes such as Supporting People have helped to meet specific housing needs of older and other vulnerable people to give them the opportunity to continue to live in their own homes. Housing for people with varying needs is currently mainly classified as very sheltered, sheltered, medium dependency, adapted for wheelchair and ambulant disabled, although figures can vary from year to year as dwellings may be adapted to suit the particular needs of tenants, or re-classified by providers.
- Overall, the amount of very sheltered accommodation showed consistent increases, rising from about 700 in 1996 to 5,500 in 2013.
- Figures for sheltered accommodation have generally fallen very gradually from around 35,000 in the mid to late 1990s to around 31,200 in 2013, while the less specialised medium dependency housing has fallen from 17,600 in 1996 to 15,000 units in 2013, although this is an increase upon the previous year.
- Wheelchair adapted housing for people with physical disabilities has increased from 2,300 in 1996 to 7,500 in 2013.
Housing for older people, those with disabilities and those with supported tenancies
- Local authority stock - time series table from 2001 to 2013 by local authority area
- Housing association stock - time series table from 2001 to 2013 by local authority area
- Scottish Homes stock - time series table from 2001 to 2005 by local authority area
- All stock - time series table from 1996 to 2013
- summary from 2001 to 2013 Scotland
- Provision by local authority area for chosen agency and year
Page updated: Friday, January 10, 2014